Peddicord Family Dentistry is now OPEN and we have resumed seeing patients during our regular business hours!
We continue to work on accommodating those patients with urgent dental needs who weren’t able to be seen due to our temporary closure. Our schedulers will be working hard to reach out to those whose appointments were canceled during the shutdown and those who have scheduled appointments in the upcoming months that may need to be rescheduled. We appreciate your patience as we work to accommodate everyone as best we can.
Your health and well-being continue to be our highest priority, and we are comfortable reopening because we have carefully planned and revised our office procedures to greatly minimize the risk of infection for our patients and our team members.
For your peace of mind, we are implementing several additional measures to ensure both a safe and comfortable dental experience, including the following:
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. This may mean that you’re offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment.
- Patients will be screened BEFORE entering the office and their temperatures will be checked with a no-touch thermometer. Any patients showing signs of a fever or other symptoms of illness will be asked to reschedule their appointment.
- Patients will be asked to bring their own face mask to wear in the office. If they don’t have one, a mask will be provided to them for the duration of the appointment.
- Patients are asked to wait in their cars or outside the office until their scheduled appointment time.
- ONLY patients will be allowed entry into the office. Parents and other family members will be asked to wait outside whenever possible.
- The waiting area chairs will be spaced apart to allow for 6 feet of distancing and will no longer have magazines, children’s toys, etc.
- We are excited to offer new services such as teledentistry (virtual appointments) and paperless online forms.
- Our team will STRICTLY follow guidelines set forth by the CDC, OSHA, and ADA in regards to personal protective equipment (PPE) and office sterilization.
- In addition to strict disinfection and sterilization protocols being followed in the treatment areas, public areas will be disinfected frequently throughout the day.
- Clear panels have been placed at the front desk to protect against aerosol droplets from either side.
We know that there will be changes and new procedures around every corner in our community. And here at Peddicord Family Dentistry, we will be embracing a new normal as well. We will continue to evaluate both our existing procedures as well as our new policies to ensure we provide the highest level of safety to both our patients and our team. Our goal is to help you feel as confident as we do that any visit you make to our office will be a safe one.
To schedule an appointment, or ask us any questions you may have about your next visit, please don’t hesitate to contact us at 515-963-3339. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming back our patients, neighbors and friends!
Dr. Erika Peddicord and team